Saturday, April 19, 2014

Mid-Century Buffet's Transformation

Today I reveal my mid-century buffet Before and After photos! I'm proud of this one - what a fresh look! Furthermore, I absolutely ADORE the sense of accomplishment associated with refinishing furniture.

Mid-Century Buffet BEFORE Going to the Furniture Spa

I purchased this dynamo mid-century buffet from a nice woman in Quincy, Massachusetts. It's had better days with several stains and scratches on the surface and the finish scratched off in places, but the detail and bones were spectacular. I planned to paint the body grey and stain the top Provincial color by Minwax.

You can hardly see it in the before shot, but there's a fair bit of detail on the left and right corners below the table top...this detail had to be highlighted in the process. Also, I wasn't terribly excited about the hardware and originally thought about changing it... But I used Brasso to bring back the original beauty of the brass hardware. Amazing!

I LOVE the look of a restained top and painted body. Isn't it just spectacular?

Mid-Century Buffet AFTER Going to the Furniture Spa













Thanks for stopping by, Bex Wilder

No comments:

Post a Comment